More Than 71 Yemeni Killed By Saudi Airstrikes Within Two Days

Al Jazeera reported on Monday that at least 71 Yemenis were killed in airstrikes carried out by the Saudi Arabia-led military coalition over a 48-hour period.

On Monday, Saudi’s air strikes on the capital, Sanaa, killed at least 11 people, including three children and two women. Earlier on Sunday, more than 48 civilians, including 11 children, were killed in 51 air strikes across the state.

At least eight civilians, including two women, were killed in strikes in Hodeidah province, in the west of Sanaa, and four more civilians were killed in raids on a government building in the central province of Dhamar.

The former activist Abdul Malek al-Fadhl said two buildings were crushed in a residential neighborhood to the west of Sanaa, as coalition raids targeted the home of Mohammed al-Raimi, a local leader of Yemeni Force’s.

Read More: Twelve Women Killed By Saudi Airstrike On Yemenis Wedding Ceremony

Saudi Arabia’s airstrikes have killed at least 136 civilians in Yemen since December 6, the UN Human Rights Spokesperson Rupert Colville had said.

The Saudi-led coalition of Arab states supported by the US and Britain has launched a massive aerial campaign in Yemen since March 2015, which has led to the death of more than 10,000 civilians, displacing three million and crippling the country’s health system.

The Yemen’s civilians are on the brink of starvation. Saudi’s airstrikes on schools, hospitals, markets, and mosques had pushed millions more on the brink of famine. The US and the UK have been intimately involved in prosecuting the war, supplying weapons, logistical help and diplomatic support to their longtime regional ally Saudi Arabia and its coalition.

Sending
User Review
0 (0 votes)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

+ 24 = 34