Syria: Isis Is Defeated, US Army Must Leave

On Tuesday, the Foreign Ministry of Syria has warned the US officials and other foreign military forces to withdraw and leave the country as the fight against the Isis is almost over.

The Ministry’s statement came a day after US Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis said: “we are not going to just walk away right now before the U.N-backed political process yields results.”

Read MoreRussia’s Defence Ministry: US Bombs Syrian Civilians In Raqqa Like Its WWII

Since unlike allies Russia and Iran, the U.S. entered the conflict without the Syrian government’s permission, the Ministry said the US troops’ presence is a violation of international law and accused them of making the situation worse for the war-torn country.

During the war against Isis, the Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad asked allies Russia and Iran to intervene against Syrian insurgents till the day when the military declared victory against the Isis terrorist group.

The Syrian Ministry said:

“The presence of U.S. forces or any foreign military presence in Syria without the consent of the Syrian government constitutes an act of aggression and an attack on the sovereignty of the Syrian Arab Republic as well as a gross violation of the charter and principles of the United Nations,”

He declared the US-led coalition’s entrance is illegal:

“The Syrian Arab Republic again calls for the immediate and unconditional withdrawal of US forces from the territory of the Syrian Arab Republic. This presence is an aggression against Syria’s sovereignty and independence and will be dealt with on this basis,”.

Recently, the Syria’s officials claimed that the US was actually helping the Isis militants rather than fighting against them.

Last week, after taking the Isis’s final stronghold of Al-Bukamal near the Iraqi border, the military declared victory.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

66 − 60 =